Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A rocky start

Okay, I looked over my resolutions, and I am not off to the best start but if I remain positive and focused, I should pick up some momentum.  I haven't written 1,000 words each day, but I have been writing daily, mostly through a journal of letters to my nephew.

Due to family drama, I haven't been able to see my step-nephews and nephew for a few months, and prior to that, when I saw them in public, they ignored me. It's  been difficult dealing with the sudden change in the relationships, particularly with my six-year-old nephew.  It's been hardest on my mother, however.  My step-nephews were getting to the age where they didn't want to hang out with their grandmother or aunt as much.  My youngest nephew, though, used to enjoy doing activities with us and we both miss that.

Since we haven't been able to give them the gifts we purchased, Mom decided she would set up an account and keep a journal of the times she thought of him, or something she wanted to buy, put the money into an account and turn everything over to him once he's graduated high school.  I liked the idea, and started my own journal of letters to my nephew.  It's amazing what little things remind me of him, and it's also helped me a lot since it gives me a much-needed outlet for my thoughts.

All of the drama is why I want to develop myself spiritually because it has been incredibly difficult dealing with my hurt and disappointment in the behavior of several family members. I realize there are people who have it worse than I do, and there will be better days. Still, I've allowed the recent stress to affect my eating habits, which leads into my "eat less, exercise more" resolution (although I have that one on the list EVERY year).

Six months ago, I started Weight Watchers Online and had great success over the first three months.  The last three months did not go nearly as well, and I gained back ten pounds.  I've been struggling to get back on track with the plan and hope tomorrow's weigh-in will be the spark I need to just put one foot in front of the other.

No comments: