Thursday, November 29, 2007

Big Feet and Bigger Boots

So now I try to honor another request, this time it's for a blog about Shane (thanks to Daggett for the title). I always wanted to write him a little song to the tune of The Beverly Hillbillies theme. It's been a while since I heard it, so this isn't perfect, but hey, it's my first attempt and I can't help that my job interferes with my work.

"The Irish Hillbilly"
Come and listen to my story about a man named Shane
Goofy Irish kid who graduated from the University of Maine
Made a lot of great friends including yours truly
And left many a-Mainer with quite a story.
[Crazy stories, that is. Legends. Tall tales...]

Well, no piece of equipment is safe with that man
If anyone can beat up a skidsteer, Shane sure can
But usually friends are safe with Mr. Keady,
Still you should keep an eye on your safety.
[Personal, that is. Just ask Marsha's shoulder...]

[Sweet-ass banjo solo]

Some time ago he married Erika in the month of May,
Moved out to Ohio where he still lives today.
If you ever get to meet him, just leave his food alone
And he'll give you his friendship plus a story of your own.
(Instead of "Y'all come back now, ya hear?" I had the line "Look out now, he's in the skidsteer" but I decided to omit it. But I still wanted to share it.)

Okay, who's next?

No comments: