Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Recycled Material

So I wrote this a LONG time ago, and I don't know if I ever shared it...so I'm putting it here. It's to the tune of Margaritaville, and if you don't know that, then clearly I don't know you. Seriously, how could someone not know even a little bit of the song? (yeah, I've been all Spicy Strout the last few days). I'm actually quite proud of the chorus part.

"Cornville"
Munching on some cake, helping my mom bake
A whole bunch of chicken covered with oil
Then I hear a low mooing
By the window, cows are a-moving
Just as the potatoes are beginning to boil

Chasing my cows again here in Cornville,
Searching for my lost Simmentals.
My brother says that there's a Jersey to blame,
But I know....it can't be her fault.

Don't know the reason, they've stayed in all season
Maybe they think they're getting tattoed
But this fence is a beauty
Enough juice to kill me
How they got out I haven't a clue

Chasing my cows again here in Cornville
Searching for my lost Simmentals
My brother says that there's a Jersey to blame
But I hope it's not her fault

[Music solo]

Tripped on a sharp rock
Hit the fence, what a big shock
I wish those cows would just cruise on back home
I hate to miss dinner, they refuse to surrender
So through the woods I have to march on

Chasing my cows again here in Cornville
Searching for my lost Simmentals
My brother says that there's a Jersey to blame
But I know....... it's not her fault

Yeah, and my brother says that there's a Jersey to blame,
But I know....

IT'S A DAMN HOLSTEIN'S FAULT

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: