Saturday, March 28, 2009

Freaky Friday

So I know I've gone a bit without blogging (and yes, the car is out of the ditch without damage). But I've had a weird two weeks. I haven't really slept well, nor very much. Last night, I came home from work, zapped a frozen meal, and after unsuccessful attempts to log on to the internet, laid down in bed and listened to some tunes.

I soon fell asleep, probably around 7:30 p.m. My dream was extremely bizarre - most usually are. In the dream, there were appearances by relatives from Rhode Island, the family in Maine, something about hunting, and then I clearly remember drinking a lot of Diet Pepsi. Then I am with my Mom, and we are driving around and it feels eerily familiar, as if I have driven the route in a dream before. We pull into a parking lot that reminds me of the TJ Maxx lot in Bangor. There are numerous horse trailers and people about, along with horses. In fact, one horse was loose, and was being too familiar for my taste. I'm not sure, but I think that's when Mom morphed into Leroy Jethro Gibbs. That's right, the Mark Harmon character from NCIS. We walk into a store, and we meet with Sheldon Hochs, a character from CSI:NY. He shows some video that is proof that the owner of the loose horse is actually targeting us (and now Gibbs has morphed back into my mother).

And then the attack cat comes into the mix. Apparently, the Crazy Horse Chick has a crazy cat. I walk back out to the parking lot, and immediately, I feel cornered and then I am wrestling with the cat. I vaguely recall saying something along the lines of "bring it on!" Then I'm squeezing the cat as it's clawing at me. And just to be clear, this was not a "ROWWR!" cougar or lion cat, it was a house cat. I wake up, clawing at my stomach.

After taking a minute to realize that it was, in fact, just a bad dream, I look at the clock, thinking it's the middle of night. Clock says 8:58. So I decide to check the basketball scores on my phone. When I pick up my phone, I see on the screen "1 new message" so I opened up my phone and see it's a picture message. I opened the message to see an obscene picture of a part of the female anatomy that morphs into an evil looking cat as the theme song to Halloween plays. The message informs me that I now have mad pussy disease and have to pass it along to get rid of it. It was sent to me at 8:51 pm by Big Pete, so I partially blame him for the whole freak-out fiasco.

I know, I know, it's a coincidence. But it still freaked me out! And to top it off, Michigan St. beat Kansas, so I need Louisville to beat Michigan State, and UNC to win the National Championship for me to have a chance at winning some money.

No comments: