Sunday, January 10, 2010

And so it begins...

So as for no blog posts last month: I was primarily focused on finishing Christmas present projects that I waited far too long to begin. But the good news is that all presents were completed and received well.

Now, with the advent of the New Year, and a renewed focus, I'm tackling my health. The first week of the new year may not have gone as well as I wanted (a half pound lost instead of two pounds) but on the other hand, nothing to be ashamed of either. As I've started focusing more on healthy eating, there is a gang of us launching into the "Couch to 5K" program. Will we run 5k this spring? I think we will. I feel great right now, and very optimistic. As they say, though, anyone can start well. It's the finishing that is the hard part.

As we go forward, I certainly hope that life won't get in the way too much because I think accomplishing this exercise program from start to finish - completing a goal that I set out to complete - is important not only for my health but also for my character.

I'm also pretty sure I'll be cussing out Funnycane (internally, of course) during those difficult times when I have to push through. But at least I have something to focus on, and I'm sure she'll be a great drill sergeant as she's taken initiative with this. I, on the other hand, can't even really recall the conversation we had in October that got the ball rolling with the running.

No comments: