Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.

Sometimes, we all need to be reminded that no matter how much we feel like a failure, or how many times we tell ourselves we have failed, we must always get back up. Eventually, success will be achieved but it may be after you fall down nine times or ten times or twenty times.  You always succeed after one failure but you don't know which one, so keep going until you get to your destination.

It was very appropriate for me to receive this Japanese proverb in an email today as November did not work out the way I had planned. I experienced some back trouble, and an incredible lack of motivation for ANYTHING. I finally faced the truth and stepped on the scales to learn exactly how much weight I gained. I am trying again with December.  I was not as active as I should have been, but I did manage to do 15 minutes of light walking today.  

So this month I will be standing back up for what we'll call the eighth time.  Hopefully I will get through the entire month without a "fall" but if I do, I certainly know how to get back up.

2 comments:

crystal.cattle said...

It is really important to have such a positive outlook like you do. I think this video might give you a little more motivation I know it did the trick for me.

http://cdycattle.blogspot.com/2010/10/beef-is-good-fuel-for-body.html

Strout said...

Thanks for your comment and the great video!