Saturday, June 11, 2011

Photographic Peace

Over the last couple months, I've been volunteering with the local high school softball program, working a bit, and trying not to get frustrated with Facebook.  Now that the regular softball season has come to a close and I am in a lull for work, it is time for me to focus more on employment, health and beef cattle. As I head into this transition phase, I've pulled out the camera and snapped pictures of the spring landscape.

Tonight, as I posted photos to Facebook, I realized that what I enjoy so much about photography is trying to capture more than just the object in a picture. When I do a portrait of a bearded iris, the purpose is more than recording the looks of the flower for posterity. It's gratifying to look at a photo and experience a feeling that is nearly inexplicable. I don't know if a photo affects others the way it affects me, but it the passion fueling the creativity is enough to make me continue to do it.

No comments: