Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Toga, toga, toGA, tOGA TOGA....

I must have my party hat on or something, because all I keep thinking about is partying! It might be because I have a Yankee gift swap tomorrow morning, then a departmental potluck for lunch. Tomorrow evening will probably involve food somewhere, then driving to a bar in Mass. to listen to my buddy at open mike.

I think I'm looking forward to New Year's, although no matter what ends up happening, it's still Plan B. Plan A, of course, is fire + drunk farmies in Maine= DFT (damn fine time). Plan B means New Year's in southern Vermont/New Hampshire/Massachusetts...though Conn. is not out of the realm of possibilities at this point. Ending up in Maine is a remote possibility, and even then, we're talking Portland or south. But it will be the first New Year's I'd actually celebrate here. Usually I'm in Maine. And even if it's low key and not without fire (or a noteworthy one) I think it's got potential as being blogworthy.

I'll try to blog at least once while I'm in Maine, but I'm not promising anything. Mom and the nephews kinda take precedence over just about everything else.

No comments: