Friday, January 22, 2010

Workout #3 is officially done

I experienced pure, unadulterated bliss today. I walked into the gym and heard the sound of......silence. Mr. Runners World was not on the treadmill, and it appeared that I had a completely empty gym. I was ecstatic, and told myself, "Get moving and change!! This may not last long!" I went from Workplace Barbie to Workout Barbie in 4.5 seconds flat, give or take several minutes.

After changing, I did a full minute of stretches - 45 seconds more than usual. Plus, I switched out the insoles, going back to the originals. I'm pretty sure these measures contributed to my legs feeling better today. Yes, by the end of it, I still felt that my left shin should just die already, and yes, I would have had no issue putting my right foot into a fire because the sole was burning as it was. Yet, I still completed the entire prescribed workout.

After the workout, I conducted a few more stretches and my shin hurt much less, making the drive home almost bearable this time. So the next question, of course, is will I be able to do Workout #4 on Monday? Part of me wants to stick with Workout #3, but part of me also thinks I should at least attempt Workout #4. We'll see how it goes, but it does feel great to know I have been sticking with the routine and can continue to do so. It's also amazing how much the lack of other people makes me so relaxed and so happy.

No comments: