Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weigh-In #4 - Whoops...

Okay, this week was not as good as the previous ones. I gained a pound and a half.  I know exactly how that happened too. I ate way more than both points allowed and activity points earned.  As frustrated as I was with myself  - and I did allow a bad day to develop into a bad week - I'm proud that I stepped on the scale today and weighed in, fighting the urge to run away and hide from the truth.

One major thing I learned this past weekend: it is imperative that I prepare for road trips.  I drove a combined 11-12 hours, and probably snacked for about eight of them.  It was not because I was hungry; I was straight up bored out of my gourd!

So this week is one to learn from, but it's also nice knowing I can put it behind me and let go. It's in the past. I've started a new week with new points, and can improve on my performance. Besides, I'm still down five pounds overall. Optimism is a great trait to have in this whole weight loss thing.

No comments: